A few weeks ago I wrote about what exactly a branding session is. Missed that one? You can find it here! Today we are going to dive into how to plan for one for you business. Knowing what you need to have captured before reaching out to a photographer is of paramount importance. One reason for this is that you, as a business owner, need to know what pictures are needed for your website, social media and print.
Truly, I cannot tell you the amount of times I have had an inquiry where the business owner didn’t know what they wanted for their photos. They assumed that the photographer, myself, would know this for them. Unfortunately, this is not the case. My role in all of this is to capture what you see in your head.
What do you Need?
In my previous blog post I went into different possible images you might need taken. To really know, you need to audit your business and see what photos are lacking and where.
- do you need head shots for your website?
- what about more casual images of yourself for social media?
- do you also need pictures of yourself in action?
- or do you sell product? do you have pictures of it? or pictures of you making it?
- how about layflat images of your product or items that speak to your ideal client?
From this list you get a great sense of what your branding session will start to look like. (more…)